
I came up with these cookies about two years ago and they have been a huge hit ever since. Actually, upon hearing of them, a local coffee shop owner asked my husband to bring some by for him to try! I, of course, immediately saw myself supplying all of his cookie needs, branching off to my own cookie shop next door, raking in the moola. I haven't actually taken any in to him to date, but I hope to by the end of the season.
Anyway, I made up these cookies after reading one of my favorite mystery novelists (who also includes cookie recipes and is about a cookie shop owner) Joanna Fluke. They were a super easy cake mix recipe which left a lot of room for someone to experiment with flavors. The first opportunity I had to make them I decided hmmmm, eggnog! And this chewy, nutmeggy, rummy, concoction that kids love to get their fingers into is what I came up with.
Easy Eggnog Cookies
1 box vanilla cake mix
1 8oz container cool whip (vanilla cool whip is even better)
1 egg
1 tsp rum exract
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup powdered sugar for rolling
Mix everything together except the powdered sugar.

Let cool in the refrigerator for at least an hour to harden up the dough a little because it's very sticky. If you are in a hurry you can make them right away but they are very very sticky.
Take tblsp sized scoops of the dough and roll them in the powdered sugar then place 2" apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Transfer parchment paper off the hot pan and let cool completely before removing them. You end up with wonderful, crackled, round yummy disks of eggnoggy chewiness. Laylah loves to roll the balls of dough in the powdered sugar. Very easy. Very good.
No comments:
Post a Comment